Friday, February 25, 2005

Hey, Guess What? I'm Sick

Physically ill, that is. But that's what I get for watching "Stars Without Their Makeup."

Actually, I'e been sick since Sunday. The illness wasn't life-threatening, just the common cold, but man, it was one nasty bug. I just felt awful and couldn't move out of this little corner I had dug for myself. There, I eat, drank, watched television, and, for the most part, slept. Oh, and take drugs. I did take a lot of drugs.

Thankfully, my family was there to help me. If not for them, and the heating pad, it would have surely taken another week or so for me to heal. Or die. For some strange reason, I find it totally plausible that I'd die from something as lame as the common cold.

According to my estimates, I drank, in five days, four gallons and lay waste to at least two boxes of Kleenex. (Actually I think they were Puffs.) Tuesday and Wednesday were the worst days, but ever since then I'm been getting better.

But seriously, is any of this really interesting?

1 comment:

blueguitar said...

Glad we were there to help. I know this was a serious post, but I almost laugh and crack a smile at the sarcastic way you write. I love how you "dug a corner" and "lay waste to kleenix- puffs" Haha. Only you can voice your opinions with such dry wit.