Sunday, May 28, 2006

Movie Review: X3

This doesn't happen in the movie
Not a Dream! Not a Hoax!

I'll admit that I admire the sheer guts of this movie, for everything they did in it. Or should I say everything they did to the characters. Phoenix comes off as a very powerful and very destructive force, even though she does just stand about for the second half of the film. There's a much darker tone than I was expecting, but director Brett Ratner just doesn't have the same touch than Singer.

The best way I can describe my feelings for this movie is to talking about the third Patlabor movie. It's well written and has a good Labor VS kaiju battle at the end, but the main characters had only a sparse role compared to the detectives investigating the case. In this movie, all the characters I liked either were died, dying, or not even used, leaving me with not much to cheer on except for Jackman and McKellan who do their usual best and TV's Frasier doing a decent job on Beast.

I wish I could be more positive about this film, but I can't. Comic book purist may agree with me. Definately not recommended for Marsden fans. Like me. C

No comments: