Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Save Spider-Girl!

I'd like to think that I'm in the know when it comes to comics, but only recently have I learned that Spider-Girl is due to be cancelled with issue 30. Now, cancellation's not a new thing for Spider-Girl and her fans, but I'm surprised the new series is in danger so soon. It was only a month ago that the newly re-launched "Amazing Spider-Girl" celebrated their 25th issue.

Being a faithful reader of "Amazing Spider-Girl," it saddens me that this series is on Marvel's chopping block. DeFalco and Frenz bring back the classic days of Lee and Romita every month, with solid writing and stylish art. More importantly, Spider-Girl is one of the rarest of rarities: a positive female lead in a comic book.

So, spread the word, and if you're not buying this book yet, do so before it's too late!

1 comment:

blueguitar said...

a positive female lead . . . I think you figured out the reason why it's being canceled. You'd hate to have more female readership or teach guys that women can be more than just a superhero's girlfriend/wife/ abductee