Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Time To Celebrate


But first, a little back story. My father and I are both fans of Hopalong Cassidy. He got into the show when he was a kid, and it was originally broadcasted. I was luckily enough to grow up with WBNX, a local television station that showed Westerns every Saturday afternoon, including Hopalong Cassidy.

Of late, my father has a re-kindling of his love of westerns, pursuing DVD releases of all the Hopalong shows, and we watch them all together, remembering back in the day when television was actually entertaining. Recently, I wrote a Hopalong short story for my father. It was he who suggested that he submitted it to Hoppy Talk, the official fanzine for Hopalong fans.

And you know what? They published it! They serialized the story into 3 parts. (Part three has not been released yet.) I know it's not much, and I certainly didn't get paid in any way, but maybe it's a sign, or at least a start of something...

No comments: