Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Whole Truth

This would look better on the old template
Maura Tierney is, in my "unhumble" opinion, one of the great unsung actresses of television. (I blame her agent for being stuck with bit parts in movies like "Baby Mama".) Most of her fans know Tierney from her long tenure on "ER" and may even remember her from as far back as "NewsRadio."

Unfortunately, she recently had to turn down a role in the series "Parenthood," because she was diagnosed with breast cancer. A year later, and Tierney is back on the screen in a new law drama called "The Whole Truth." According to the articles (or hype) for the show, the role was tailer-made for her.

I'm relieved that she's made a full recovery and being back at work is a good sign. I have tremendous respect for Maura Tierney's acting abilities, and I wish her success on the new show this fall.

No comments: