Friday, October 22, 2010

Progress Report (For Those Who Care)

While tweaking "Only Human" (working title?) the other day, I checked the file, and it was created on May 31, 2010. Not so long ago, perhaps, but it doesn't feel like I've been working on it as long as that. There's chapter 10 to be done, and whether or not I decide on splitting it up or ending the story on one huge chapter. But the end is soon.

Before I go too far, "Only Human" is the sequel to "The Forbidden Temple of Khyber Gorah," much in the same way that "Khyber Gorah" is a sequel to "Rick Daring and the Brilliant 5." That is, to say, in a loose sense of the word. When finished, the story, like the others, will be more of a novella, and I haven't decided to couple it with its sequel or to just release it separately. I have entertained the idea of serializing it on my blog, but I'm not sure it's a good use of my time, to be honest.

I just finished re-reading the first four chapters, and I am cautiously proud of them. My friend Jason had given me some good feedback on the first 20 pages or so, and with them, the story is gelling a little better. My unhappiness with Chapter 3 is all but abated, but I keep feeling like something's missing from Chapter 5.

Come what may, I enjoyed spending time in the world of a fragile girl with insecurities and vulnerabilities. Strangely more interesting than the worlds outside our own...

No comments: