Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Doctor Who's New Season

I've decided to cautiously optimistic about the new season of Doctor Who, as I am of most things. I like Matt Smith as the Doctor, though his interpretation is much more light and innocent than his predecessor's incarnation. The new season starts around Easter, which makes me wonder why the new series is fixated with Christian holidays.

I had watched the first couple episodes from the previous season, Smith's first, but I wasn't terribly happy with them. I'm willing to give the rest of the season a second chance, but BBC America has decided not to show them prior to the new season. Either case, the opener two parter sounds interesting (I guess) with the Doctor bouncing around Monument Valley and Area 51.

Neil Gaiman is also on tap to write a story about the Doctor's wife. Why him, but not Stephen Fry, I don't know. Fry was too busy, unfortunately, and season three lumbered on without him.

Well, how bad could it be anyway?

No comments: