Friday, September 26, 2008

General Kenobi is Coming!

I got an email the other day from Sideshow Collectibles, saying that their 12" General obi-Wan Kenobi figure (in clone armor) will soon be on its way.

I've always find it so distressing how much of these high-end collectibles sell and fast. I've seen pictures of fans' collections with shelves and shelves of Medicoms and Hot Toys, each costing at least $150. My question is where do they get all that money? I know I'm not one to speak, seeing that I just admitted that I pre-ordered a $90 figure, but I had to twist my own arm to get it, and it's the only Sideshow figure I'm getting this year.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is how much people spend on statues, busts, "premium format" figures, as well as the 1/6 scale figures. Or rather how much are YOU spending on these things?

No comments: