Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Conversation: Comments on Chapter 14

Yes, Chapter 14 is mostly a talking chapter. I apologize, but there was a lot to tie up before we move on to the conclusion. The chapter also introduces a slight dilemma for our heroes. After all, what would you do with something that promises to be the ultimate source of knowledge? (Some may answer that we already have Wikipedia, but even its reliability is questionable.)

In posing this question in the form of a debate, I tried to illustrate both sides as neutrally as possible, though astute readers may guess which side I would be on. If people actually read this story, I would take great pride if this chapter does not generate controversy, just a conversation. Or even just inner thoughts, if by chance you're the solitary reader. Not that I claim my writing for higher, intellectual pursuits.

Hopefully, the cliffhanger was not too obvious. If it was, sorry, but I thought it was somewhat clever. Next week, we wrap this serial in a bow, and I give some serious thoughts on what to do next.

No comments: