Friday, July 02, 2010

Accessorize! Ultra Mother

Over the past month, I had the fortune to see the latest Ultraman movie "Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie." (It was on DVD, but living in America, seeing any Ultraman-related movies is a miracle onto itself.) In it, I saw Ultra Mother (she's mother to Ultraman Taro, hence the name) wearing a cape similar to her significant other, Ultra Father. (In fact, most of the Ultramen wear capes in this film, except for Ultraman Leo who doesn't need a cape to look or be cool.)

Anyways, I'm a fan of Ultra Mother and started searching for a cape to fit one of her plastic counterparts. I came across eToys Japan who were offering a customized cape with a purchase of Medicom's 1/6th scaled Ultra Father. I corresponded with them via email, and they were willing to sell me the cape by itself, though they warned me that the cape was not made for Medicom's Ultra Mother in mind.

A few weeks later, I received the cape and tried it on the Ultra Mother figure. It is very well made. The cape is a little big on her, and if it was a little longer, it would drag on the ground. I flattened the back collar to make it look more similar to the one in the film. Overall, it doesn't look too bad on her, and I'm glad I took the risk and bought it.

Thanks to the generous guys at eToys Japan for all the help!

1 comment:

blueguitar said...

The cape seems made for Ultra Mother. I like her too. I like the action shot best. What a nice touch to your action figure. How about some screen captures with Ultra Mother and her cape?