Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Marvel Legends Hellcat

Hellcat is on my list of superheroes I didn't expect Hasbro to make.  She is in good company with characters like The Black Knight, US Agent, 90s Armored Daredevil, and so on. Why? Because they're all characters that Hasbro has made, much to my surprise.

Now, there isn't a lot of appeal with Hellcat. She looks like another cat-themed martial artist super hero and/or villain.  A lot of her appeal (to me) is her personality (especially when written by Kathryn Immonen) and her history.

Her alter ego, Patsy Walker, started out as a character in a line of romance comics in the 40s & 50s and was revived in 1975 as a the superhero Hellcat by Steve Englehart.

I really love the head sculpt for the figure. Head sculpts seem to be the one thing Hasbro won't reuse a lot, except, of course, for the Age of Ultron Captain America. My one issue was the thin yellow pain on her shins, where the blue plastic is bleeding through.

Using a darker yellow paint, I tried to apply a layer to better hide this.  Here are the before and after photos.


No comments: