Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Marvel Legends Wasp

If you ever told me there'd be a wave of figures focusing on Hank Pym / Ant-Man, I'd say you're crazy. While the Ultron wave of Marvel Legends isn't exclusively all Ant-Man related, it's as close as us Ant-Man fans will probably get.



Today, we're focusing on the winsome Wasp. Instead of doing a new costume (which might require actual tooling on the body), Hasbro decided on the black and gold costume from the 2000s. Some people complain about the buck they used for this figure, but it's much nicer than some female bodies I've been on the shelves. (Like Toy Biz's Xtreme Rogue and its toothpick thin arms.) Unfortunately, my figure, purchased online, has a bad eye painted on, ruining the nice sculpt.



At first, I thought about re-painting the eye, but then, I found out the Captain Marvel head fits on the head socket. It actually looks nice on the Wasp body, Especially with the tossed hair giving the illusion of movement. So, I painted the hair brown and my sister applied some black highlights.

I'm rather pleased with the results.




1 comment:

David Alan Gay said...

You should be proud. It works and looks great!