Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Ultra Monster 500 Series Birdon

In honor of Birdon's appearance in the second episode of the new Ultraman X series, here is my custom paint work on the recent Birdon Spark Doll. The sculpt was really nice, but I really wish Bandai had put more effort into using more paint apps.



The gold paint is a little garish, but the alternative is a sickly yellow-greenish color for Birdon's fur. At least all of the chest torso is complete now, and the beak is completely black now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is brilliant! If I may ask, what brand of paints did you use on this figure? I have quite the collection of Spark Dolls myself, a lot of which could still do with some paint touch-ups here and there.

prowl72 said...

I use "folkArt" acrylic paint. It's waterbased, so you can use water to clean it off if you make a mistake. They're usually available at Pat Catan's and Jo Ann Fabric. You just need a little practice and a lot of patience to touch up these figures.